KUSP Employment Opportunities
The Member Services Assistant, as a member of the Development Team, assists in implementing the day-to-day operations of the membership program and reports to KUSP’s Director of Individual Giving. This is a part-time position without benefits; the normal work schedule is 20 hours per week, increasing to as much as 40 hours a week during fundraising campaigns (2-3 times per year). The wage rate is $17.00 per hour.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in the donor database.
• Process payments for membership accounts.
• Produce billing statements and donor thank-you letters.
• Coordinate direct mail solicitations produced in house and through our direct mail contractor
• Assist the Development Team in all aspects of fundraising, including pledge drives, mail campaigns, and special events.
• Provide customer service for KUSP contributors, including updating credit card account information, ensuring thank-you gift fulfillment, and similar tasks.
• Assist with management of thank-you gift inventory and shipments.
• Prepare Membership Department reports as needed and do filing.
• Coordinate and schedule volunteers for station events and fundraising activities.
• Complete other related duties, as assigned.
• Knowledge of personal computers and software applications, including Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Certification of applicant’s typing speed and accuracy is requested.
• Experience working with databases. Allegiance Fundraising System experience is a plus.
• Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of the Development Team.
• Ability to interact well with members, staff, volunteers and board of directors.
• Dependability, responsiveness, positive attitude and attention to detail.
• Ambition to progress to greater responsibility and authority in Member Services.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references to: Member Services Assistant Search, KUSP 88.9 FM, 203 8th Avenue, Santa Cruz CA 95062. Application deadline is March 16, 2015. KUSP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Central Coast is culturally and ethnically diverse, and we encourage applications from people who will help us reflect that diversity. For more information about KUSP, visit us online at kusp.org; for more information on this position, please contact KUSP’s Director of Individual Giving, Jennifer Switzer, at 831-476-2800; or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position serves as the principal local host for KUSP’s weekday afternoon news magazine program, All Things Considered, and provides operational support to other KUSP programming. This is a regular position with weekday and weekend hours, approximately 25 hours per week. Starting wages are $15.00 per hour. No employee benefits are offered.
· Perform live and prerecorded on-air breaks following KUSP’s established best practices for public radio announcers. This includes reading underwriting and promotional announcements, writing and reading weather and traffic reports and making transitions between live and recorded programs. Exact timing is essential.
· Ensure station breaks and other content follow program log.
· Respond to listener inquiries by phone during on-air shift.
· Ensure proper technical operation of KUSP, which involves working with ENCO DAD radio automation and delivery software, third-party Internet-based content delivery systems, digital audio conversion systems, online information sources and Windows file systems.
· Ensure station operations and programs comply with FCC and other regulations and KUSP policies.
· Maintain records of station operation and report problems to responsible station personnel.
· Produce promotional announcements and other radio programming using digital audio workstations and audio storage systems.
· Perform operational tasks such as assembling newscasts and generating program logs.
· One year of on-air radio experience (paid or volunteer), including announcing and production.
· Excellent on-air delivery, as demonstrated by work samples submitted with the job application.
· Familiarity with FCC rules, public radio, digital audio production and playback systems, and computers.
· Experience in a work environment with lots of public contact and a diversified workforce.
· Radio news experience, particularly public radio, is desirable.
To succeed in this job you’ll need to:
· Be ready to go on the air during live shifts and produce flawless recorded announcements.
· Be absolutely reliable (owning multiple alarm clocks is a big plus!)
· Be personable and approachable in person, on the air and on the phone even in stressful situations
· Be a self-starter, eager to learn new skills in broadcasting, and not afraid to ask for help
· Be comfortable working by yourself as well as working under the supervision of others
· Express your creativity and maintain your sense of humor
· Respect deadlines, respect your co-workers, and respect a smart, demanding radio audience
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send a cover letter; resume; a demo tape, CD, or links to your on-line audio samples (physical media will not be returned); and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to: On-Air Host Search, KUSP, 203 8th Ave., Santa Cruz, CA 95062. Application deadline is March 16, 2015. KUSP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Monterey Bay area is culturally and ethnically diverse and we encourage applications from people who will help us reflect that diversity. For more information, contact J.D. Hillard at 831-476-2800, or send e-mail to email@example.com.