KUSP Employment Opportunities
POSITION: Underwriting Sales Representative
SUPERVISOR: General Manager
General Description of Duties:
The Underwriting sales representative is a full-time sales position responsible for the development and execution of underwriting sales activities for 88Nine KUSP Radio and reports to the General Manager. The position will identify, cultivate, solicit and service new business partners who want to align with KUSP’s mission and constituents.
· Meet annual revenue goals as set by the General Manager.
· Promote and secure contracts for on air programming, digital platforms including website, and stream, community voices and station events through direct customer contact and presentations to businesses and advertising agencies.
· Conduct in-person meetings with partners and prospects and report weekly on all activities.
· Prepare and present proposals based on their business interests and KUSP’s sponsorship opportunities.
· Collaborate with staff on fund drives and special events.
· Assist during bi-annual on-air fundraising campaigns by solicudwjobiting corporate challenge grants.
· Maintain positive relationship with underwriting clients by writing accurate FCC legal copy and working with other departments to meet customer needs.
· Work in tandem with the full KUSP team and represent the organization at community networking events as required.
The ideal candidate is an independent worker, a motivated self-starter who has an appreciation for the music KUSP plays, enjoys meeting people face to face and is genuinely interested in using their creativity and knowledge in meeting the needs of potential underwriters and KUSP’s mission and commitment to the community.
Success requires impeccable professional integrity and confidence as well as having an interest in music radio, Monterey Bay and media as a way to build community. Must be committed to teamwork and individual achievement, professional in demeanor, flexible, organized and forward-thinking.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 2-4 years of experience required. Understanding of public radio, FCC guidelines, digital sales, and radio research (such as Nielsen) is preferred. A sustained record of sales achievement and/or direct solicitation local business and corporate fundraising.
To Apply: Email Resume, Cover Letter, list of references to email@example.com.